Monday 27 February 2017

Knowing your app (part 14). Why did you choose that app logo?

How to create a good app logo.

Well to answer that question, i'll first like you to know that THE BIRD IS THE WORD and everybody knows that. Peter Griffin from Family Guy knows that and he's telling everyone here. The logo if you don't already know is a Parrot. A RED parot with a GREEN beak. As we all know a parrot sometimes does a lot of talking. It is sometimes known for imitating as we can also see here. It is one of the few, if not only creature asides man that can repeat human words. Since my app is for voice messages only, it felt like a cool creature to include in my app logo. Now people may ask then why did I chose the colours red and green for the parrot. Traffic lights have three colours however I only need two to pass the message. RED on the traffic light means STOP, and green means "GO" except the rules apply differently in some areas. However, in the arear i'm from and live and in many others i'm aware of, Red in the traffic light means Stop while Green means Go. No how does that relate to my app? My app is for sending and recieving voice messages only and everything about the app evolves arounf that distinct function. No texting feature in the app whatsoever. The part of our body we use to text is our hands but the part of our body we use to talk is our mouth. So with that in mind the decesion was to paint every part of the bird REd and the beak RED which signifies do not communicate or text with the rest of your body but do that with your mouth. Don't text, Just Talk. it is always wise to think deeply before creating an ap logo, try to make it related to the function of your app as much as possible. In my case I was lucky to have my brother do the thinking and designing of the app. He chose the colours and never drew meaning out of it but drew meaning out of the creature (THE BIRD) as he did relate the bird to the app's function. The colours where a product of my mother (speak about a wonderful team). My mother was the one who drew meaning out of the colours. It made so much sense we decided to stick with it and thats why we have that as the app logo today.

Now what is to come: I think I may have discovered the best ways to make perfect and more interesting voice filters. voice filters that will have wonderful bacground sounds to really make your voice sync perfectly and create a more appealing experience.


Find us on Facebook
Find us on Twitter
Find us on Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment